Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful for...

Since it is almost Thanksgiving and I don't know how much access I will have to a computer next week, I thought I would write down some of the things that I am thankful for. So much has happened this year and last year at this time, I felt like I had nothing to be thankful for. Life was turned upside down and I had to struggle just to be a little happy and being thankful was far from my mind. So the first thing I am thankful for is that this year seems to be full of more pluses than minuses. I am very thankful for that!

I am thankful for my husband. He is my best friend. We were fortunate enough to become best friends before we ever became more than that and I think it has always helped our marriage. He works so hard and had such a rough year but he tried to stay positive and do everything he could to help our family and take care of us. He is the best father in the whole world. Those little girls have him wrapped around their fingers! He will do anything for them and I am so grateful for all of the things he does and sacrifices he makes. I love you, Rickypoo!

I am also thankful for my girls! Keira and Elaina are so different yet they each bring a much needed balance to our family. They always have a way to make me laugh and they love to make each other laugh. Being a mom to two little girls can be hard work but the rewards always outweigh the trials. I am so glad that they were sent to our family and I can't imagine my life without them.

I am so grateful for our house. I really have a love/hate relationship with it but I am so glad that we have a place to keep us warm and is sufficient for our needs.

I am thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I don't know how I would have gotten through the last year without it. I am grateful that I was raised in the church and that my children are being raised in the church. I am grateful for the law of tithing, which I know gave us the blessing that enabled us to keep our house, feed our children and keep our way of life this past year. No matter what the struggles, always pay your tithing! You will be blessed. I know that for a fact. I am so grateful for friendships that I have made through the gospel and will continue to make.

I have many other things to be thankful for but these are some of the major ones. I hope we can all remember the things that we are thankful for all year long and I need to remember to keep a positive attitude and count my blessings! I am the worse for being negative, but I have so many good things going on right now that I need to remember them.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Very good thoughts/thankful list! Isn't this time of year great. I agree with the tithing thing. It definitely got us through some tough times.