Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Early Mornings and Movie Watching

I woke up this morning at about 3:30 am because the baby usually wakes up by then. She still hadn't woken up yet so instead of enjoying it I panic like I always do and ran into her room to check her breathing. All is well of course. So I went back to bed and started thinking about EVERYTHING and couldn't go back to sleep. At about 4:15, Elaina finally woke up and so I went and fed her since it is my night (Rick and I rotate nights. One plus to bottle feeding.) So while I was feeding her and getting more and more thirsty, for no reason, I decided not to go back to bed because I wasn't doing much in there anyway. So I have been on the computer since about 4:45. It is now just after 6. I was not planning on just posting about my night time sleeping habits but I thought I would start off with that because it is so unusual.

(Rick, notice my line break!) Anyway, I have been going back and forth on whether I should cancel Netflix. It is only $14 a month and it is our ONLY frivolous thing we spend our money on. Now that we don't have jobs I feel like I should cancel it but I also feel like it would just depress us more and do little good. Thankfully I am paid up until the 15th so I have a while to decide. There is nothing more that I love than getting a movie in the mail. Rick and I used to work at Blockbuster and at a couple points in our marriage had access to 10 free rentals a week. No we rarely watched that many but it was always nice to have the option. Then we both quit (Rick much sooner than I) and we were without movies. So we started Blockbuster Online because that was our former employer and we felt guilty for even considering any other company. I will say that back then Blockbuster Online was a better deal. They have even improved on their services a lot but with that have also raised their prices a lot. We finally ended up moving to Olympia, and were away from stores that we knew employees at. I decided to look up Netflix and it was way cheaper for almost as many features. So we have been loyal Netflixians ever since. It has actually been a way for Rick and me to spend time together because he rarely watches tv with me but if we have a movie that semi interests him, he will watch it. We have even been watching Star Trek Voyager together. We are almost to Season 7 which is the last season so we have to decided what series we want to tackle next. We are thinking Battlestar Galactica but if you have a better suggestions let us know. We are interested in a Sci-Fi show since I only tend to watch comedies on regular tv. Such decisions to be made. Hopefully our financial situation will be figured out before the 15th so I don't feel guilty if I don't cancel it. I have such issues. ;)

2 comments:

Erin said...

We got a free month of Netflix last month, and we completely caught up on all of the NCIS seasons we had missed out on. Well, we suckered ourselves into doing another month, so we got the SpongeBob Squarepants movie, and next we will be getting Lars and the Real Girl. I haven't decided whether we will cancel or not either.

I hope you get a nap today!!!

Adrienne said...

I love Netflix! How are you holding up now in the afternoon after being up so early? I wouldn't make it :)