Friday, October 24, 2008

Taking Care of Business

After hearing the heart stopping news that Rick had been laid off on Monday, I started applying to every major retail and grocery store in the area. I have been fortunate enough to get two interviews and almost have a temporary job at Walmart in place. I almost hope I get both jobs that I am interviewing for (or get another job that I may not have an interview for yet) so that I can feel more in control. Since I had Keira, I have never wanted to go work outside the home. I would love to have lots of piano students or just do some computer stuff that I have been doing. The world seems to think differently. Rick is really enjoying doing freelance from home, so I hope that I can keep us afloat long enough for his freelance to take off or for him to find another job that he really loves. For some reason I feel at peace right now. I have no idea why. We really don't know where the next paycheck is going to come from. We have both been praying and trying to figure out what to do. And yet I don't feel panicked anymore. I hope that it means that Heavenly Father is giving me peace and that everything is going to be ok and not that I am in denile. I am so grateful to all of those who have sent their well wishes and prayers our way. Please continue. We need all of the help that we can get.


P.S. HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, RICKYPOO!

1 comment:

Erin said...

It's definitely hard, but we do what we have to do, don't we!