Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Voted!

I have been a registered voter since I turned 18. My mom insisted that I register because there was a school levy and she wanted me to vote. She really wanted me to vote yes (which I did) but she of course didn't make me. Ever since then I have voted in almost every election that we have had whether it is local or national. The last presidential election was my first and I was very into it like most of the country. This current election is no different. I am tired of the things that are happening in our government and with our country. I want a change. We need honest people in the white house that will listen to bi partisan advisers and also what the people want. I am incredibly anti-Bush (along with 80% if the country) and find my self less and less with the republican party. Not that I have EVER been republican or democrat. I have always been a strong independent and have never voted down a party line.
Anyway, our absentee ballots came in the mail yesterday and it was almost like a weight was lifted. All I want to do is vote and get this election behind us. I am tired of all of the ads and the news and listening to politicians from morning til night. So I sat down last night and voted. I had already made up my mind on the major decisions like President and the state initiatives but I still hadn't made up my mind for governor (I have voted and I still keep going back and forth.) or any other local leaders. So I went through the voters pamphlet one by one and voted for the person I though would do best without looking at their party affiliation most of the time. I am proud to say that I ended up voting for 9 democrats and 6 republicans. I really hope that this election makes a difference and that our country can get back to being a land of prosperity and stability. I also hope that everyone who is legally able, will go out and vote. You can't complain about what is going on if you don't at least voice your opinion.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That was really an awesome post! I love how you never bothered looking at the "labels", but just voted your conscience. Cool!